Port of Lubang, Tilik, Occidental Mindoro

THE PORT OF LUBANG - TILIK


  Lighthouse at Tilik, Lubang, Mindoro Occidental

In 1912 a pier was constructed in Tilik along with its public buildings, bridges and the main road of the Island. This was under the American Occupation - they landed in Tilik in 1901, burned Tilik and captured the Katipuneros who had revolted against the Spanish. The whole Island was placed under a military government of the Americans.

In 1905 the northern half of Lubang Island and all of Cabra Island was created as the Municipality of Lubang, and Tilik was the first centre of Government. In 1918 this was transferred to Poblacion.

The road from Tilik to Looc was constructed in 1958 by the engineering battalion of the Philippines Army. Sometime after this the Tilik Lighthouse pictured was constructed because of increasing transportation demands.

During the 1972-81 martial law period the present concrete pier was constructed, resulting from the requests by Assemblyman Pedro Mendiola, Sr. to the Batasang Pambansa of Occidental Mindoro.

Reference: HISTORY OF LUBANG by Rudy Candelario - translated into English by Benjamin Walata. (http://occidentalmindorohistory.googlepages.com/historylubang)


 

North view from the ferry terminal at Tilik, Mindoro Occidental
Boats at Tilik - south of the ferry terminal

 
Philippines Port Authorty Passenger terminal at Tilik

On the left side of the photo above the PPA (Philippines Port Authority" Passenger terminal a fuel tanker can be seen in front of the building. This tanker is loaded with diesel fuel from M/T Pietro Dua 2028 berthed at the wharf and the fuel then transported to the Electricity generating station in Lubang.

National Food Authority (NFA) buying station at Barangay Tilik, Lubang, Mindoro Occidental

Rice marketing is supported by the government through the National Food Authority (NFA) which has several strategically located buying stations in the province of Occidental Mindoro

Port Integrated Clearance Office, Tilik, Lubang, Mindoro Occidental
Phillipine Coast Guard sign
Phillipine Coastguard headquarters at the Port of Lubang, Tilik
Kainan Sa Kubo Restaurant in Tilik
Tilik Ferrry Passenger Terminal
Menu at Kainan Sa Kubo
Tilik Attractions
Fish Cages - Tilik
Tilik Barangay Hall
Lubang National High School - Tilik
Iglesia Filipina Independiente
Santiago Z. Tria  Residence

Mr S.Z. Tria is the owner of the ferry "God's Grace II" and presumably the UHF aerials on the roof are for communicating with the ferry and Calatagan

Lubang Hotel Dining Room - Tilik - June 2014

LUBANG BAY HOTEL
Rate: Single P1,500; Double: P2000. (October 2014)
Accommodation: 16 Airconditioned Rooms (5 single bed & 11 Double)
Facilities: Bar & Restaurant, coffee vending machine, Ice cream machine, with kitchen.
Contact: Ms. Ching Tria 09293190910

Lubang Hotel Tilik
God's Grace II at the Port of Lubang, Tilik Harbour

GO TO TOP  SITE INDEX